On Tuesday, Kev, Zander, the peeps at Pub 815 and I met to discuss what we will be floating on during the Anything That Floats, Rock River Raft Race.
I’m not going to lie to you, I nervous. I’m EXTREMELY nervous about floating down the Rock River during the Anything That Floats Raft Race. I don’t let Kev in on my secret, because I don’t want him to get scared. Crap, cat’s out of the bag, huh?
I’m not worried about drowning, I can swim. I’m not worried about sunburn, even though I’m allergic to the sun. I’m not even worried about the the whole darn thing sinking, because… well maybe I’m a little worried about that. Sinking in the Rock River, yuck.
What I’m worried about the most is Zander. Last year, the guy almost threw me in the Rock River without me even knowing it was going to happen! There we are, taking a nice video to share with all of you and just like that… he almost tosses me in. HOW RUDE!
Join Lori and Zander in front of The Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens as they broadcast live from the Anything That Floats Rock River Raft Race!
Posted by 104.9 WXRX on Sunday, August 20, 2017
A few days ago, Kevin, Zander, Amy (who works behind the scenes here at The X) and Mike, Roxann and John from Pub 815 sat down and had a brainstorming meeting about what we should do for the Raft Race.
Pub 815 has graciously offered to help us build a raft. Which is great, because Kev and I are helpless.
I learned at our brainstorm/planning meeting that everyone is extremely creative and there was no shortage of ideas.
Here’s a few we had:
- Let’s float down the river in a giant boob, yeah?
- Can we fill Super Soakers with Margaritas and spray the crowd?
- How many people can we float on this thing, 10?
- Should we make it look like Brock’s beer keg time machine?
- Should we get t-shirts? With Lori’s face on them? No?
- Can we put a bar on it?
- Do you think we could find a local band to play on a raft we pull with our raft?
- Electricity and water mix right?
Safe to say when you get a bunch of creative people together… it will get a bit weird.
There are a few things we know for sure:
- Kevin and I will be floating on the raft.
- There will be a chance for you to get on the float with us.
- The date of the race is August 12, 2018.
- Kevin will run away from a bee. (He’s terrified of them, there are always bees in August.)
- You can sign up to float during the 3rd Annual Anything That Floats Rock River Raft Race, too! Click HERE.
So now we are looking at you!
We need your help. Any ideas of what we should float on during the raft race? Comment below with your suggestions!