“Trick or Treat!” Here are the local trick or treating times for the Stateline area.
Belvidere, DeKalb: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Beloit, Byron, Freeport, South Beloit, Stillman Valley: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Cherry Valley, Janesville, Loves Park, Rockford, Rockton, Roscoe, Winnebago: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Machesney Park: 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Oregon, Rochelle: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Poplar Grove: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Make sure to stay safe this Halloween and follow these easy safety tips from Today Parent:
- Dark colors are hard to see at night, so add reflective accessories or brighten up the costume.
- Skip the face mask, they can obstruct vision, use face paint instead.
- Choose non-flammable fabrics, you don’t want a Jack-o-Lantern lighting up ol’ Suzy.
- Older kids travel together, little kids always have an adult with them.
- Don’t feel like you have to hit every house on the block, look for well lit locations with pumpkins on display.
- Inspect all candy kids bring home and check for allergies.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!