This is your child’s summer bucket list.
Don’t spend another beautiful day inside and on the couch. Get out and explore our incredible city!
I was inspired to put together a list of all of the ‘must do things’ in the Rockford area for my sweet daughter, Harlow, who is almost three. I can’t wait to check all of these off her summer bucket list.
1. Paint a picture at Smarty Pants Rockford Art Studio
2. Spend hours at Oxford Park on the awesome slide. Bring a picnic basket, too!
3. Hit the double slide at the playground at Sinnissippi Park!
4. Meet a princess with Once Upon a Dream Performances
5. Visit the Rockmen
6. Take a ride on Trolley Car 36
7. Take a stroll through City Market
8. Visit the Splash Pad at Doty Sprayground in Belvidere
9. See a Rockford Rivets Game
10. Snap a picture in front of the Symbol
11. Get a cone at Dairyhaus
12. Wander and wonder at the Discovery Center Museum
13. Join North Suburban Library’s Summer Reading Program
14. Feed baby goats at Summerfield Zoo
15. See the butterflies at Burpee Museum of Natural History
16. Visit all of the murals in the city
17. Explore Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens
18. Show your city pride at Rockford Art Deli
19. Swim at Rock Cut State Park