Recently, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker announced that he will extend but modify the Executive Order allowing golf to be played as of May 1, 2020. The change comes with strict safety guidelines for golf course operators and players to ensure safety and social distancing during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please see below for the restrictions in place for golfers and the Rockford Park District.
Golf course restrictions in place from May 1, 2020 – May 30, 2020:
- Players shall be grouped in twosomes, with 15 minutes between tee times. Maintain social distancing within your twosome on tees, greens, and throughout the round.
- Practice ranges, putting greens, and clubhouses will remain closed until restrictions are lifted
- No golf carts may be used on course, except individuals with a physical disability or physical limitation, may rent a cart
- No ball washes, bunker/sand trap rakes, or water coolers will be out at any golf course
- Cups will be flipped at each hole so golfers can retrieve their ball easier with little contact with the cup
- Flags should not be removed from the cup
- A club should be used to smooth out the sand in the bunker
- Players should pick up their own ball, handle their own scorecard, and handshakes at the beginning or end of the game are discouraged
- Bring hand sanitizer to use during the round, and at the end
If any golf course patron has symptoms of COVID-19, or are from a household with someone with symptoms, you should not play.
Even with modifications being made to the way golf is played during the COVID-19 health crisis, we are thrilled to be able to finally open the golf courses! Aldeen Golf Club, Sinnissippi Golf Course, and Elliot Golf Course will open on May 1, 2020. Sandy Hollow Golf Course will open on May 6, 2020. Ingersoll Golf Course will open on May 11, 2020. Golf courses will be open during this time from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with special COVID-19 rates in effect through the end of May.
Special COVID-19 Rates:
Aldeen Golf Club
- 18-Hole: $24
- 9-Hole: $18
- Eagle/Birdie Member: $13
- 18-Hole: $15
- 9-Hole: $10
- 9-Hole: $10
Tee times must be booked online and paid for prior to coming to the golf course as no cash will be accepted and no receipts will be printed. Walkups will not be allowed either. Tee times can only be made 7 days in advance. Book a tee time and pay now at www.golfrockford.org.